Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright then, next time im there ill do some adventuring and see what i come up with. Ive heard theres some big fish in em, but they get spooked really easy. So we'll see...

Tyler

Fish On!!!:thumb

·
Registered
844 Posts
>If you know where Rocky Ford is you know where the
>ponds are. They are just wide spots in the creek.
>
>Fish on!!!
>Piscator
>

I thought the ponds were the actual ponds that are a short walk up the incline behind the creek on the upper end of the Ford? I looked at the larger of the (2?) ponds several years ago, didn't appear to be any fish. :dunno

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Tyler..I was just giving you a hard time...the ponds are at the first parking lot across the foot bridge and up the hill...the fish are not any bigger and way harder to catch??? good luck bud.

~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
844 Posts
Crimine sakes, YT! I didn't get the memo on that. Regardless, I don't believe there are any fishes to be had in them.

Yeah, yeah! Banned? SURE! Puhlez... You're the one afraid to fish with a girl. :p

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
hahaha! got cha! No, the ford is no secret. How many articles make it in the regional fishing mags? lots. If you don't know about the Ford, your a newbie. Or a guy that doesn't get out much. Or doesn't trout fish. Or, wait, that's it. those three. Don't believe the hype, the ford is overrated. Let's see how many wicked responses that gets! :smokin YT

·
Registered
844 Posts
You know, the Ford isn't my favorite place to fish, but those who call it overrated are usually the ones that can't/don't catch fish there.

Hmm.. interesting. }( :smokin

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
>I thought the ponds were the actual ponds that are a
>short walk up the incline behind the creek on the upper
>end of the Ford? I looked at the larger of the (2?)
>ponds several years ago, didn't appear to be any fish.
>:dunno

I think i know what youre talkin about. Theyre across the creek from the handicap dock, up the embankment. Ive looked in those and never saw anything. Thats why i was asking, cuz theres supposed to be fish in the rocky ford ponds. :dunno

Tyler

Fish On!!!:thumb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.