Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Be the guide...
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Ford Thurday afternoon. The water level was as low as I've seen it. My 'go to' spots were so shallow, the few fish that were there were very hard to present a fly to.

Most fish I saw were dark and many were actively spawning on their redds. Several fish looked like spawned out salmon - complete with white fungus. Saw 3 or 4 dead fish in the weeds (either spawned out and died, or spawned out and then stressed out by being caught and played to deatch).

Some folks seemed to be doing OK with olive scuds. I like to fish this place with wooly buggers and leaches. Got hits on black, white, and olive buggers. Had trouble with the hook set because I was uing my back-up 3wt rod, and just wasn't used to it. But I left after a short while because I knew there was higher quality fishing not too far away...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Was there 4/17 and was also amazed at how low the water was. In the lower stretchs there were more fish than water. Did most of my fishing just above the spillway. Scuds, brassies, c-mids(gray), and egg patterns all worked well. Had to put up with quite a few floating weeds and you didn't want to get downwind from the dead beaver. That baby was about 2 shades west of ripe!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.