Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard night fishing at rocky ford can be productive with black wooley buggers, but are there any other flies that will do the trick?Also has anyone been over recently? how was the wayer level? how was the fishin? Thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
I was over there the saturday before last. The water level is LOW... There were still hords of people in the "fast" water-, but to be honest, I only saw one guy having any success and he was just below the falls.
I had success with a small white bugger, lots of action on a white egg, San Juan worm, Griffths Gnat, and a small red bugger. Range of presentations, from dead drifts to fast retrieves. My best fish was on that red bugger, I have no idea why I even tied it on, but it caught a nice fish right above the falls in the concrete channel. My BWO patterns just weren't appealing for some reason, got a bunch of close inspections, but no takers in the mid-afternoon.
Never tried it at night, sounds like fun! Good luck!

·
Registered
227 Posts
aaron j

Hi to all from new guy on the block. On fishing RF at night--I may be wrong, but don't the regs specify that there is no night fishing at our beloved spring creek? Just don't want anyone finding out the hard way from Mr. Game Warden. :DUNNO :TSKTSK

G

·
Just checked the regs. All it says is fly fishing only,fishing from bank only. Nothing about night fishing. So don't let the moon bugs get you. Jim s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
But, note that the Trout Lodge sign on the trail indicates that permission is granted to fish on their property only during daylight hours. I have been over a couple of times this spring. The fishing is even tougher than normal, with the low water and only a few pods of fish, most of which are not actively feeding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.