Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chasing the Magic
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to move on from my collection of G.Loomis rods. These are good rods and have served me well. Most of them have caught plenty of fish, but still have many more to catch. One still has tags. The list is below.

3 wt 8'3 GLX Streamdancer (two available). MSRP $630 - Yours for $315

5 wt 9'0 GLX Streamdancer max line speed. I casted both this and the hi line seed extensively and found the max line speed was better in my hand. MSRP $660 - Yours for $330

6wt 9'6 GLX Streamdancer. This is the one I will miss the most. I am fully convinced that this rod is the reason I landed more fish than my TFO carrying buds on a steelhead trip to Alaska. MSRP $670 - Yours for $335. SOLD

7 wt 9'6 Native Run GLX (two available). Gary will tell you this was the best fly rod he created. I prefer the 6, but I've landed plenty of great fish on the 7 too. If I were headed to a remote float in Alaska, I'd take the five, six and seven and be confident in hooking anything from pounder grayling to big kings. MSRP on 7wts $685 - Yours for $342 SOLD

8 wt 10'0 Native Run GLX. A nice steelhead rod. MSRP $705 - Yours for $352 SOLD

8 wt 11'0 Roaring River GLX Switch. This is a switch rod that I've been pretty fond of. MSRP $760 - Yours for $380 SOLD

9 wt 9'0 Native Run GLX (two available). I used these mostly to throw flies into the surf and bay waters of Todos Santos and the East Cape. Caught my first rooster on one of these. I'll miss them. MSRP $660 - Yours for $330

8/9 wt 13'9 Dredger GLX Short Belly Spey. New with tags. I never bought a line for this one. Steve Rajeff picked it out for me as a replacement for a Sage Traditional 9140 I had been using. MSRP $810 (now $875). Yours for $425 SOLD

5/6 wt. 13'4 Metolius Trout Spey. This is a trout spey that G.Loomis no longer makes. I don't know why, I've really enjoyed it and so did Mark Bachmann. His review can be found here: http://www.flyfishusa.com/newsletter/040807/
MSRP $445 - Yours for $300​

Willing to hear about trades for the following items only:

High quality centerpin reel,
Rod building talent,
Fishpond Cloudburst bag,
Zeiss lenses for Contax G2,
Thule Box (banged mine into a garage, didn't do much for the corner of it),
High end fly reels - not ones or twos, but a line of them, looking to replace my 12 Syncrotechs next,
Therapy for my fishing gear addiction,
Gasp… high quality bait casters (NOT Shimano),
Van Staal Pliers.

Location is Woodland, WA. I plan on being at the Pdx Sportsmen's Show this weekend.

Please call 503.709.4983 or send an email if interested.
[email protected]

·
Chasing the Magic
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm afraid my condition has been well documented as hopeless!

·
Chasing the Magic
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the standard ones are four piece.

I think that the 6, 7s and 10' 8wt are spoken for pending funds.

·
Chasing the Magic
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
7wts and 8wts are gone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.