Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to the market for fly rods, how do people feel about paying the high price to get a lifetime guarantee on their rods?

I have never gone that way and I was wondering if some of you folks who have, are happy with your decision.

On the same subject of purchasing rods, where do you think the market lets us/you down, entry level, mid-price or high end? Or even on kits if you have an opinion.

I'm thinking there has to be an area of the rod market that could use new product infusion and better prices. Do any of you feel the same?

Mark

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is really interesting. I had no idea you could get good mid priced rods and a lifetime guarantee.

I appreciate the info very much. I will look into everything you guys have said. Thanks a bunch. I guess after 40 years of flyfishing (since age 12) I will move beyond my old Wright and McGill trail rod my Dad got me.

Just kidding a little bit. I have some 15 year old beater graphites. I used to drool over the Winstons and Sage rods in the shops in Livingston but in raising kids one sacrifices new rods.

The St. Croix and the LL Bean rods sound real good.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.