Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Going Online
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FFF Fly Fishing Expo is this weekend in Ellensburg. We'll be there Friday and Saturday -- just wondering who else will be attending?

If you haven't been, its well worth the trip. There's a ton of tiers willing to talk and share techniques, there's some great casting clinics... its a casual & low-key event - one of our favorites.

·
I hope she likes whitefish
1,724 Posts
I had been planning on being there ALL LAST YEAR and then found out I have a SAR training this weekend....ALL WEEKEND. Not happy... :(

Hope everyone has a good time.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
I plan on fishing the Yakima and lurking at the Expo for the next three days.

·
Still fly fishing in the PCW
5,371 Posts
Kristin, please, please do me a favor and leave the bargain bin home this year! I have way too much stuff. See you tomorrow!

I agree Kristin; it is a great, cheap, low-key event. Anyone who was disappointed by the Bellevue show should check it out. $5 to get in (free for FFF members) and free parking. Lots of fishing, casting and tying classes and destination seminars in addition to something like 100 of the NW's best tiers putting on a show. There will be many classes for kids, women and beginners so it's a great place to bring friends and family, especially if you can't make the Jimmy Green event in June.

http://www.washingtoncouncilfff.org/2010FFFFrameset-1.htm

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
My wife and I will be tying there Friday and Saturday. Stop by and say hello.

REE

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'll be attending Saturday with a wounded fly tier who had to cancel his tying session at the fair, due to a whitefishing injury this winter. SS

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I'll be there Saturday for a daytrip with a friend and can't wait to see the great tyers! I'll register for the tube fly class Saturday afternoon if there's room.

Lived on S. Rudy for a number of years in the 90's and enjoy any reason to visit Eburg, drink Ranier and down a Super Mother Burger

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
I went to the Albany, Oregon Fly Tying Expo. I bailed out of a planned fishing trip to the Yakima this weekend for the following NOAA Weather Report:

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 59. Windy, with a northwest wind 26 to 29 mph increasing to between 34 and 37 mph. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. Windy, with a northwest wind between 28 and 37 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 59. Windy, with a northwest wind between 29 and 37 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. Windy, with a northwest wind 34 to 37 mph decreasing to between 26 and 29 mph. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Dang, these folks keep scheduling the first weekend of May, which is the traditional opening of Boat Season in Seattle. It's a tossup between family & friends or FFF & friends - dang, I hate choices like this! Whatever choice one makes, you win and lose at the same time!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.