Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they wanted to "really flyfish like you dad". Got them set up and showed them a few times. Roll casting out to about 25 to 30' and got a big swirl from an SRC on a surface popper. Today the younger was more into the fishing and the elder into exploring. All that matters was that we were out together and having fun. I'd tell you how I did with the fishing, catching and missing, but honestly, none of that matters today.

Picking a spot that had tidal pools, small waterfalls and rocks. Lots of places to check out and creatures to see. Nice day.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
That,s some great stuff Mumbles, your a lucky man!

·
FUBAR
971 Posts
Awesome Mumbles, nothing like a day out with the family.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
Ed, all of the above. Dads every kid should have one!!!

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Looks like another very productive and rewarding fishing trip to me. As a man once quoted: "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." . . . and then again, other men DO know the "why" . . .

Great day!

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for solidifying my grand luck all. I'm not sure what I have done to deserve these two gems that actually like spending time with me, but I'm rich beyond explanation.

Whack, sounds like you know the place. Easy access. Interesting enough when you get tired of fishing.

Alex, both outfished me on my last two day Yakima outing. I rowed, rigged and tended to their needs. They were energetic and focused and that really impressed the heck out of me. Both watched me cast in a froggy stretch and said they wanted a fly rod. DONE! I cast their rods and must say that the Echo Gecko is really a fine tool.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nice Ed, I started my 3 girls fishing early on, they're 23, 28 and 31 yrs old and 2 out of 3 still fish with me. They used to gripe about thier line breaking now they bitch abouot breaking a nail! Keep them going.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.