Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the earlier thread about Amazon, which showed a Ross CLA spool being offered on Amazon for $1,038.95, you can still buy them directly from Ross (as least for a little longer). Ross currently has them on sale starting at $42 each. They appear to be pretty limited in stock for the gray mist color, but have most sizes in the standard black. A black CLA 3 spool just set me back $48 and a CLA 4 spool is now $54.

If you have a CLA or two in your quiver, right now is probably a good time to grab an extra spool or two before they go away.

·
1,696 Posts
A friend just quit fishing due to declining health and gave me a few Ross Reels; an Evolution, a Gunnison and two Cimarrons. Ross still supports them as well as the CLA and other older reels. Good news!
http://www.rossreels.com/shop/discontinued-heritage-spools.html
It is good news, but what I'd like even more is Ross, Lamson, et al. to stop replacing or upgrading or versioning their models every couple of years just to have something "new this year."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.