Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you fish Ross Lake? I am headed up there with a group of friends and we are planning on fishing while up there. Any suggestions etc....? The date will be August 8th.

Thanks,

MAC

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Why don't you do a search as there is a lot of info on Ross lake in here some place. Besides of all the bad times you've given me now it's my turn.:p :p :p :p

:p :p :p :+

Jim

·
Banned
8 Posts
If Ross is the big lake on the north cascades highway than yes I have. Well actually I fished Diablo wich is connected to it. There is a small cove next to a camp groud there. There is excellent fishing opportunities in that area. The cove only gets to about twelve feet deep.It is loaded with fish sitting on the bottom. Sink a nymph to the bottom and just drift and twitch. In regards to Ross itself, The lake is extremely deep so I did not have success.Not to mention the large boats make me a little nervouse when out in a tube.Hope the info helps.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Take a shuttle to Big Beaver Creek. It is the entrance to the Northern Picketts and has great trout fishing. The shuttle costs $20 I think. You might want to inquire at Ross Resort.

Just a suggestion.

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing,
and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."
-- Ernest Hemingway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.