Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rufus Woods is my "home water". The last few days I've been getting skunked and can't figure out what color they're keying in on. Usually when all else fails, a trusty black woolly bugger will produce with enough casting. But even that hasn't worked.
I had four strikes and hooked two on a chronomid yesterday, but as soon as the sun went behind the clouds they lost interest.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have not fished flies there lately. Trollers are not doing so well either but catch a few . Try some spots where hoppers might be hitting the water ( if any this late). Would love to join you . I live in Bridgeport.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nevermind. I figured it out. After about two hours of trial n error I found the right fly. Caught a couple small ones (about 17 inches). Monster rainbows came to the surface for a mayfly hatch this evening, but stayed out of casting distance. Was really wishing I had brought my boat this evening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.