Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bobbers n Beadz
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good lord... Between the combo of rain and nice weather, there should be a mass of water moving down the river right now. NOT! I am actually looking forward to run-off. Isn't that sad? Only waiting for the streamer fishing to get awesome, and the fish to move up on the bank. If anyone else is feeling this way, let me know so I don't go crazy all by myself...

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Don't worry, there will be plenty of high water pushing the fish to the banks of the Yakima soon enough. Think July and August. I for one don't appreciate the high, warm water that time of year so I very much appreciate the cool spring weather we have experienced. Good for the fish too.

·
Sculpin Enterprises
3,461 Posts
They have had a wet, cool spring in the Kittitas Valley and Yakima. A friend and I floated the Yak on Friday and Saturday and had rain Friday night and a two-hour period of thunderstorms, with wind and driving rain, on Saturday. The wildlands are still quite green. I'm assuming that they are saving the irrigation waters for later in the summer.

While the company on the float was stellar, the fishing was not. We scratched out a few fish on Friday, most after the bright sun dropped below the canyon walls and the caddis were active. On Saturday, we caught a few on PMD's at midday during a mediocre hatch. In the cold weather that followed the thunderstorms, we did not see any evening caddis activity.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.