Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Ignored Member
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rx,

How about a June 1st showdown? Let’s meet at a well known bar on our near by river. First, a salmon berry eat off while walking into our famous bar. Second, a cast off with the big rods. Third, I suggest some smaller rods, say 4 or 3 weights, for a resident cutthroat fish off. And of course, the main attraction, he who catches any steelhead will win all.

What do you say?

· Just an Old Man
35,201 Posts
I used to know it all---but now I forgot it all.

What kind of bar are we talking about. The kind that you have to crawl out of or fish off of. And the salmonberrys are not ripe yet. I don't own a big rod. My big rod is a 9'6" 8wt so it don't make the grade. Of course I have the smaller ones. Now for the river. You prefer the Skagit while I like the Stilly/N/F. Decisions,decisions,decisions???????????????

Jim

· Retired Mod
10,990 Posts
COOL, I want to COME!!!!!!!!!! Can't fish because of my injury, but like what you guys are saying. You want to try some PRE MASH distileries before you go into the pub for a steelhead ale. I'm game for that!!!!!! AWESOME!!! I knew you meant a bar as in a mixer. Alright!!!!!

· Registered
113 Posts
OK, Sounds like we are on. I'll pick you up around 430am, Is that early enough for you? Quick hike in around sunrise and hopefully we can find some unharrassed steelhead. I'll bring my 5wt as well, might be some hefty dollies still around, may be too much for my 3wt. Theres one more fishy bar we need to stop off at, a little closer to home. Off to Idaho for the weekend, Until then. Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.