Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RiverFishing

There's a rod listed on Ebay that I'm interested in (maybe) that's been custom made with a Sage B590GFL blank. I've searched the Sage website and I'm guessing this blank has been obsoleted.
Does anyone out there have any experience with this blank or model?
I'm thinking about upgrading from a Loomis GL2, which was my first rod.
Any opinions welcome and considered. Just don't track down this rod and get it before you give me fair warning, if it's really something nice (or at least a step up from my Loomis - which I do like.)
Thanks in advance!

Mike

MIke:thumb

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sage Blank Material-GFL

Hi Mike:
The GFL does not apply to a specific rod. I've seen GFL 590RPL's, GFL DS's, GFL XP's.. I think I know which rod you're referring to and he is a well known builder. I would guess it's probably an RPL but who knows, pretty low buy price for an RPL. You might contact the seller, but by his description it's pretty vague.

·
Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sage Blank Material-GFL

RiverFishing

Thanks...good suggestion (to contact the seller and ask for more info.) Sounds as if you've stumbled onto the lising also, and if so, you can see why it's intriguing to me.
Thanks again!
:thumb

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.