Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have casted the Bolt 590-4. It's a super fast rod. It's a great streamer rod but I had trouble finding a place for it in my collection. As far as super fast 5 weights go, I would go with the Method. I used the Method a fair amount this past summer. It's a bit lighter and slightly more accurate.

I came to the conclusion that a super fast 5 weight doesn't make sense for me. The need for a super fast 5 weight is narrow. I decided to just use a 6wt One for streamers. It allows me to throw big streamers and have a little more sensitivity in the tip. Hope that helps.

·
Banned
1,626 Posts
Yea, bump this up to see if others have tried the Sage Bolt rod. I have a Sage RP+ that is my favorite, wind, rod. When you fish in the Okanogan you need to punch through wind. I love super fast rods that are like logs with the exception of the tip. Can't stand buggy whips that move all the way down to your wrist. Just a matter of personal preference and Geographical conditions.

Reactions: Nathan Weston
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.