Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you LL aficionados, what lines do you use on your LLs? I have a Rio Gold that is great on my GLX, but bogs down a new 486 I picked up. So many modern lines are overweighted for fast rods that it seems that options are limited.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I use a Rio Trout LT on my 7' 11" and it seems to be a good match. I also saw that Rio has a "light line" series that is supposedly designed for rods with a more traditional action, but I haven't tried one. Nothing wrong with the Cortland 444 mentioned above - tried and true for many years.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Got the Lightline on my Douglas Upstream, which is slower than a Sage LL. It casts like a regular old fly line, but a really nice regular fly line. Available in DT.

The Orvis Superfine taper is also really sweet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have been using a Cortland Finesse line on my 486LL, but picked up the Cortland Omni Verse and like it better. The head is longer, and doesn't seem to bog the rod down when you carry a little bit of line with it. I really liked the Rio LT on my 389LL though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.