Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 'lil bro joined the army and is shipping out for basic training late next month, so......I was hoping to book a salmon trip before he takes off.

Can anyone reccomend any charters in Washington (Westport, etc)???

Thanks in advance!

- DW

·
Patrick
1,805 Posts
If you are not talking Flyfishing you might try a boat called the Tally Ho. Good Captain and crew. Went out with them last year and the fishing was not good that day for any of the boats on the water but the captain and crew worked hard trying to get use into fish. Boat takes about 20 out at a time. We had about 10 of the spots in our group the rest was made up of groups of 2. I will be going out with again in July with them this year. Its my one none fly fishing fishing trip each year.

·
o_clarki
201 Posts
Does anybody know if there are charter boats out there that do flyfishing for salmon ? I know there is a guide outfit up in Pt. Townsend that specializes in flyfishing the salt, but they seem pretty expensive. But then I have never been on a charter, so it might be worth the money. I heard that it is possible to fly fish for salmon from Seiku eastward. Any pointers ?:dunno :hmmm

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you get a chance look at Dennis Dicksons site. He had some excellent info on flyfishing for Salmon on the salt. Everything I read in his article was good and likely to increase anyones chances for success even if you were to rent a boat & motor and bypass the guide. He talks quite a bit about the Neah Bay area so the info is very applicable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.