Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are hosting the very bright and intellectually curious 11-year old daughter of some friends from VA during the first full week of April. One of my goals was to give her a look at the life cycle and general story of PNW Salmon. I was thinking that sometime within the last 6 months or so I had read or seen something about a salmon exhibit starting up somewhere in the BI area - maybe involving the Suquamish Tribe. However, I can't find any mention of it on the Tribal website or in a wider Google search.

Does anyone know if something like this exists? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for a destination within a reasonable drive of Kitsap County (existing hatcheries, etc.) that might have particularly good displays and/or knowledgeable staff?

Any guidance appreciated - thanks in advance.

·
Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did find that link (HCSEG) shortly after posting my question last night. I'll definitely be checking into it. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Ferry ride to Seattle aquarium salmon life cycle exhibit. It's pretty good.
It's been years (1984) since I was last there; and absolute 'once a month' for the kids and I. Loved the fall when the salmon were returning and we'd stand under the glass bottomed fish ladder and look up.

A very good thing.
Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.