Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
I think this may now be the 3rd thread on the subject. This story line has had an ominous feel to it for many, many years now. Occasionally a year or two of up-tick, offering a sliver of hope and good to very good fishing... but then the downward trend returns.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I'd say the WDFW sucks at making predictions.
I'd say you're absolutely correct. Long-term weather forecasts are more reliable, and that ain't saying much.

That's not a knock on WDFW so much as an expression of my distaste for the current management paradigm in general. I mean, who thinks they can predict fish runs any better?

I suppose I should be glad, though, because if it weren't for the occasional, significant underestimation of the returns, sport fishing in the rivers would be lousy every year, since everything harvestable would be caught before they get above all the nets.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, they were pretty wrong last year as Coho numbers were much higher than they "guessed" they would be. Limiting anglers and then realized maybe they didn't need to...more flawed and failed government driven by agenda and money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.