Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never swapped before, but willing to be the swap meister on this one with some pointers from others if they are willing.

13 participants, local favorite saltwater patterns for coho, chum, pinks, SRC's, flounder - whatever.

Due first week July?

I'll do my candy sand lance.

Jim W

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't think you are going to get to many responses since it's Friday and a lot of people don't frequent the board on weeekends. When Tuesday roles around I am sure there will be some people that want in on the swap though.

As for me, count me in.:D

fly15

G

·
I have a saltwater pattern that works great. I will call it the Silver Streaker, although it probably already hhas a name. It comes from a fly I found at Rock Lake in Cheney. I have never done a fly swap but I sure want to. Count me in.

How does the fly exchange take place? What are the specifics of the fly swap? Kinda new here, I need all the little details...:dunno

Thanks guys

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure we'll get 12 tyers to participate - even if we don't I still want to do it. When we do we'll make sure we don't get dupes. I've never done one, and don't want it to be complex.

Tie 12 flies and submit with self addressed envelope and a buck or 2 for postage. I'll post a date for submittal, then chase after those that are late.

My goal is to have them out by the mid July area 9 opener...we'll see!

Then I'll post the swap pictures in the gallery.

Jim W

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I'd like to do it, so please count me in; I have a couple different ideas. It would give me the opportunity to proslytize the wonders of yak hair.

I have no idea how this works though. How do I know if I'm in or out? How many flies am I supposed to tie? Do I only do one pattern? Do I submit my idea before I start tying?

Thanks for the help.

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,846 Posts
I got the oppurtunity to see some great flies tied with Yak hair and definitely have to pick some up. It looks easy to tie with and very versitile!

I'm thinking about doing this swap, just got my flies from the chronomid swap which are awesome! Not sure what I would tie though.

Bill

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,846 Posts
Count me in too. I'll do a SRC fly. I'll let you know which one soon.

Bill

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok! Let's do it. Here are the participants I got from the responses.
1. Surf Candy - Surf candy sand lance
2. Fly15 - ?
3. Alldayeveryday - silver streaker
4. 0_clarki - SRC or chum fly
5. fish-recycler - clouser
6. rockfish - epoxy krill
7. ray healers - yak hair (assuming a baitfish pattern)
8. flybill - SRC fly
9. billylee - generic fry or rabbit muddler
10. MacRowdy - Micky-Finn rainbow shiner
11. Tom B - ?
12. Derek - ?
13. Speyman - candlefish charlie.

So, each of us ties 12 flies. Mail them to me for distribution to the others - include your mailing address and $1 for postage if you can.

Jim Williamson
71 Columbia Street suite 400
Seattle, WA 98104

Flies due to me June 26.

Thanks all!

Jim W

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.