Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fishon
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to a beach in Mason County... saw the coho jump, tried to reach but could not. I waded out a bit but the Seals were too close for comfort so I retreated. Got a few hits but no hookups (src's) and spooked a fish that went areal near shore, it made a rather big splash... I was hatin' on myself for spooking the fish.

Met Colton there and talk a while.

Then went home, picked up my boy and headed back to a creek in the Kitsap area... The Coho are there along with some left over kings. You just have to be willing to wade out in some serious mud!!!! I got stuck and lost my wading boot, had to manually pull it out and put it back on. I slipped a bunch of times but manages to catch my balance just in time. (Thank God, I don't want all my rods to be in for repair).

We turned around and left, too much effort and in the salt the fish seemed tight lipped. The snaggers rule this area. :(

·
wishin' i was fishin'
870 Posts
too bad you left, that fish we saw jump was a 17 inch sea run. caught him second cast and he jumped around me for the next 45 minutes til i left. went to purdy creek to take a look in(it is closed to fishing!) and saw a pair of chums but that was all. didnt walk up river to far.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Colton, the place nearby where Alexander waded in the mud flats is "Toys Topless"...not the type of establishment a young upstanding lad like yourself need to be associated with!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.