Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey hey ya'll! Its been a while since I have posted anything on here, however, now I could use the help of some of you more travelled members. Im going to San Jose, Costa Rica at the end of the month, and I am just curious if it is worth trying to chase some saltwater species this time of year. Its not a fishing specific trip, but I am going to the beaches for about 3 days. Im always down to explore, its kinda my thing. Ive also heard of some trout fishing up in the mountains, but Im not sure if I will be able to make it up that direction (girlfriend in tow). Any info is appreciated!
Peace,
Skeels

·
Registered
297 Posts
Definitely bring a rod. If you are on the West Coast you can catch Rooster fish and Jacks off the beach among other things. An 8-10 wt is best as wind can be an issue. As for offshore fishing from a boat I think it is pretty slow this time of year for Pelagic species. If you are going to the Arenal Volcano lake Arenal has Peacock bass and you han rent a boat or hire a guide.

Thomas

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
if you can make it to coast, further south this time of year, you can easily hire a fast boat and captain to get you into bills, wahoo, yellow fin, roosters, and a host of other warm water critters. i would not waste my time DIYing it, hire someone who can get you into fish with your limited schedule. if you take this advice, the fly gear will also come as a part of the package so no need to fuss with stuff that works here but probably not there. lift an imperial or two for me :)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Im going to bring the 8wt and see what I can do. We are going to "Manuel Antonio" beach for sure, and staying for three days.
Thanks again,
Skeels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.