Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I have a couple of weeks to head out from Santiago and look for some fishing. We are not inclined to go to fancy lodges or fish with private guides. We both have traveled extensively and speak some Spanish, so we will probably fly or bus on to somewhere in the hills, rent a car or truck and poke around where ever there is good access. More interested in good fishing than chasing trophies.

Any recommendations? We are considering Coyhaique, or maybe Bariloche, Argentina.

·
Robert
3,012 Posts
Muknuk posted about his experiences in Chile & Argentina here: http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/threads/anyone-interested-in-patagonia.84916/
He recommends a book in the post and also has contacts there for lodging, car rentals and locations for anglers who don't need a guide, just good advice about logistics and directions. He's a very nice guy to speak with; I was trying to get him to speak at my fly club but our schedules didn't mesh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.