Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on WFFF site for a while. I am pretty sure everyone who has bought from me has been happy. On December 17/21 I bought a Redington Behemoth 5/6 reel with line for $55 dollars. I sent the money Via PayPal. He promised me he would send me the tracking number the next day when he mailed it... NADA! Texted him again, and was surprised when he responded and said he would get it to me shortly... again NADA! I have tried contacting him multiple times. Only ripped me off for $55., I was lucky, took a chance as he was new on the site. His alias on here is/was Waflyfish911; the name he gave for PayPal transfer was Thomas Durning. Anyone dealing with him had better beware. The phone number I have been texting is 610-445-4214. His last time on site I believe was December 19/21...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Sorry to hear that you were ripped off. If it’s any consolation, you weren’t the only one. I believe there were several others here that were also ripped off by the same individual.

I have 2 different telephone numbers and home addresses associated with Thomas Durning. Both addresses are located in Coatesville, PA, which is just a few miles from where I live in SE PA. The pictures of both of these places shown on Google maps do not appear to be very desirable locations, if that’s where this guy actually lives, or has lived.

I’m not sure, however, that the guy who ripped off you and others actually lives in PA, or if he even lives in the US. (Some of his ads showed the dollar sign after the amount, which is more common abroad, than in front of the dollar amount.)

However, if several members here would want me to I’d be willing to take the information in person to the Coatesville, PA police department. (From the looks of the places where Mr. Durning supposedly lives there I would not want to go there myself and knock on his door.)

John

·
Registered
28 Posts
it will be last newbie I buy from!
I have been on WFFF site for a while. I am pretty sure everyone who has bought from me has been happy. On December 17/21 I bought a Redington Behemoth 5/6 reel with line for $55 dollars. I sent the money Via PayPal. He promised me he would send me the tracking number the next day when he mailed it... NADA! Texted him again, and was surprised when he responded and said he would get it to me shortly... again NADA! I have tried contacting him multiple times. Only ripped me off for $55., I was lucky, took a chance as he was new on the site. His alias on here is/was Waflyfish911; the name he gave for PayPal transfer was Thomas Durning. Anyone dealing with him had better beware. The phone number I have been texting is 610-445-4214. His last time on site I believe was December 19/21...
I can say I was extremely happy with my purchase from you. And for that matter from everyone else I've purchased from on WFF. As a new member this sucks and I'm sorry it happened.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think the good new for you will be PayPal. They will fully refund all of your money. I once bought some birch bark from a guy in Russia (don't say it!) .. and after waiting for 3 months, PayPal gave me a refund. Then about a month later... the bark arrived. Yes, I did send him again what I owed. :eek: Always use PP... it's a buyers insurance .

·
Registered
436 Posts
"once bought some birch bark from a guy in Russia", now there's a story to tell. I've bought some weird stuff over the net but "birch bark". I'm surprised that he even had it for sale, not much demand for stuff like that..
Haha.... unless you're building a canoe, or birch bark fly rod grips!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts