Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many caught the show last night. It was very interesting to see what has been done in the area of salmon/steelhead vs dams on the Columbia and Snake Rivers. I had no idea they had done so much, since it doesn't usually make the 6:00 news. This was real science! It should give us all some hope that things will/are getting better.
Jim J

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Yeah, I caught the show last night too. It was very interesting to see how much we are doing, but equally amazing to see how much more we have to learn about the life cycles of these fish. I found the study out in Maine really interesting about the river specific fish program. Any idea if they do that out here?

The tagging program about the blue fin tuna was also very interesting. I'll be interested to hear from others on the forum about there views on these program.

I've got a book 'Salmon without Rivers' by Jim Lichatowich that I've been meaning to get through. You might want to check it out for more info.

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.