Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to go fishing last minute looked at the flows they looked good, being super close to ringer figured that’s where I should go, I went to the parking area (not the boat launch) park my truck about 5 o’clock put my hip waters on and head down to the river I headed down towards the boat launch along the path. Tied up a Chubby Chernobyl and starting fishing, getting a little depressed about getting no bites but keeping my head up knowing that it’s starting to be getting to that time of night where the bite starts. Out of nowhere I get this funny feeling in my stomach telling me I need to go back to my truck. I reeled in quick and started walking back towards my truck. As I round the corner that overlooks the parking lot I see two about 16 year old kids standing right next to my truck looked to me as if they were hanging off my roof rack. As I picked up my pace and got closer the smaller one of the kids took off like a bat out of hell (sorry for the expletive) so at this point my pace became a little bit of a jog. As I got a little bit closer I saw that the other one was putting something in my window trying to pop the lock. At this point I screamed “Hey what the F’ are you doing” at that point he followed his friend. At this point I’m at a dead sprint (hard to do in hip waiters and a 9’ rod breaking it down as I go) got to my truck tossed my rod in and headed down the road after them. I pulled out onto ringer loop and headed in the direction they ran. Seeing nothing I just cruised slow to see if I could see them anywhere, to my avail I couldn’t. I went by the house that has the palm looking trees and there was a mom out playing with her kids, I stopped and asked if she had seen two kids running down the road. She said she hadn’t but she’d keep her eye out, as I started to cruise back down towards the parking look searching for them and seeing nothing, I pulled into the parking lot then out of the corner of my eye I see two kids jump into a blue sedan knowing I couldn’t catch ‘em I was kind of upset but I had to pull my emerging caddis dropper off the fence post. I looked out at the road and I see the blue sedan drive by with kids who looked like they were the ones that were trying to break into my truck. I jumped back into my truck and hauled ass behind them to grab their license plate, wrote it down and called the cops. Ok to shorten this story a bit, they tracked down the registration to a trailer in mill pond manor. The found the kids there that were involved hauled one of them away in the back of one of the cop cars and went looking for the other one, as I went to leave mill pond (where I met the cops to do some identification) I saw one haul butt back into the canyon so I had to go check it out, I got about to the junk yard and both cops were on the side of the road with one that I was sure was at my truck handcuffed and sitting on the front bumper with the two cops down his throat. Thankfully they didn’t get into my truck and everything is still in there. Thank you KCC sheriff for your fine police work! So anybody who heads that way make sure your stuff is locked up tight incase those scum bags come back!!!!!!!!

Sorry for it being so long,
Tight lines everyone!

·
Joe Streamer
4,156 Posts
Wow, the cops actually caught someone breaking into a fisherman's vehicle. You don't hear that too often. Too bad you had to deal with the hassle, but I'm glad to hear you had the ambition to really chase them down and help the cops catch them. Good for you.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
That's great, we all need to keep watch. And push hard on the ones that get caught so more will be at least a little afraid of the risks they are taking. Keep helping each other out by keeping your eyes open. Also keep things locked up good or take less to leave for them to be tempted by.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sorry for it being so long,
Tight lines everyone!
Absolutely no reason to apologize. Everyone loves a good Cop story, 'specially when the bad guys get busted.

Good Job!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also keep things locked up good or take less to leave for them to be tempted by.
I think there is alot to be said about that. The less those idiots see in the windows, the less they will feel the need to break in. Granted theifs dont think rationally, and could probably care less if the truck or car appears empty. Do your best to keep everything valuable either out of sight or at home.

Good on ya Kyle! You handled it better than I would have.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
Way to stay on top of things, man. Ringer is a pretty popular spot. Ballsy little bastards. I always wonder how bad of a kicking someone would take if they got caught. I'm a pretty non-violent guy, and I fight like a 4th grader, but I'd do my best to beat someones ass if I caught them. I'm certain that breaking into the wrong truck could end pretty badly for some hapless tweaker.

·
Team Umiak
410 Posts
Trust me my friends..I'll let the WDFW enforcement in the area of this report. I was there a couple of weeks ago and enforcement was on the scene at about 1100. These guys know of the issue. Keep your 1-800 WDFW phone number in your phone.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Trust me my friends..I'll let the WDFW enforcement in the area of this report. I was there a couple of weeks ago and enforcement was on the scene at about 1100. These guys know of the issue. Keep your 1-800 WDFW phone number in your phone.
I actually prefer not to use the Poaching Hotline number for three reasons. 1. It is only working during normal business hours. 2. The dispatchers are slower at getting the info to the field officers then the WSP dispatchers. 3. Been told by many WDFW Officers they prefer you to call WSP because of the fact they will dispatch a WDFW Officer 24/7/365 rather then just 8-5 Mon-Fri which the poaching hotline does.

The WSP numbers are in the hunting/fishing regs....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.