Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retired Mod
10,990 Posts
Where do you live and how far are you willing to drive? There are tons of good spots. I'm more familiar with the southsound. If you email me, I can give you some decent spots. I use mostly baitfish patterns and shrimp patterns. I normally cast and do quick strips, and pause. Depending on when/where I'm fishing dictates full sink/sinktip (variable rates) and floating.

If you plan to fish southsound, you have some good spots in Gig Harbor and Olalla to fish. I do know a couple local spots. But I do alot of private beach fishing.

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,846 Posts
Check out the article on SRC's in the articles section on this board. It includes some locations and tips on gear / flies, etc. If you want some more detailed info check out 'The Estuary Flyfisher' by Steve Raymond. Another site to take a look at is http://www.pugetsoundflyfishing.com/Home.htm.

Good luck! I just started last year and need to get out on the sound more often. :thumb

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.