Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I know---I'm just an old man

I have a question for any body that can answer it for me. If I was going to do a search on this site for anything that was here previously,what is the correct way to enter the subject matter to get a answer. I have tried several ways but I guess that I'm not smart enough to do it. Tried the search thing but no answers yet.

Jim

·
Registered
385 Posts
Pick up your phone and call Chris, YT told me that he has a 24hr. tech. line. Just kidding, I don't want to get YT in trouble, I think MACRowdy told me that. Jeeeezzz, I had better Quit before I get in trouble. :DEVIL :TSKTSK :DEVIL :TSKTSK :DEVIL I just don't know what to say anymore, I'll just go to bed now.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do I know---I'm just an old man

It's not that I waited a long time. I have been getting the answer "no matches found". What I'm trying to find out is the correct way to enter what you are looking for. I'll give you a sample. Like the thread on looking for flies to start with. This is covered just about every other month. If you did a search on what has been entered in the past you could save time to do just that. My question is what do you enter in the boxes to get your answer that you/me is looking for. I know this is just about as clear as mud,but I don't know any other way to put it.

Jim. Boy I wish I could type as you should see this before I sent it. I guess that my fingers are too fat. :THUMBSUP

·
North Bend, WA
4,400 Posts
Jim,

Right now, I would suggest just not using it. Hold off for a couple weeks and your pain with the search utility on the forum will be over. Right now you're probably not doing anything wrong, but if you have 'search archives' selected, you're going through a heck of a lot of topics. It may even be timing out on you if the result is a blank screen.

The good news.

I'm installing and building the new site right now. It's on a much faster server and the forum is the new MySQL database backend version I've spoken of periodically. For the most part, the forum will remain close to the same as far as functionality goes. The really awesome improvement is that searches complete in no time flat. In fact, speed in most all of the functionality of the board will improve, like sending mail, logging on, checking to see who's on... Additionally, the request you made a while back to have long threads broken out into pages will be there as well.

I'd expect to release it in a couple weeks. When you see the new look and logo, you'll know it's there.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.