Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SeaToTree
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading down to Seaside this weekend with a few couples to relax...but i can't sit around that long so I'm bringing the stick with me. Not interested in Salt. I've looked at some river maps, lakes etc. I'd like to stick to the Rivers. Anyone familiar with the area down there or have a suggestion so i can sneak away one day? PM me if you prefer, and if you don't want to share, understand.

Thanks.

·
Joe Streamer
4,156 Posts
Having stayed in Cannon Beach several times for kiddie beach vacations, I always thought fishing the Ecola River that runs through town would be cool.

I mean because of the name. You'd definitely want to wear waders, and rinse them in a diluted bleach solution.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
try www.theguidesforcast.com look under northwest, should list the northwest corner of Oregon This group is based in Tillamook.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Necanicum River flows through Seaside is the obvious first choice. It's relatively small. It gets a decent run of steelhead and now is the time to hit it.

A backup would be the N. Fork Nehalem at the hatchery. To get there drive east on Hwy. 26 and take a right at Hwy. 53. The hatchery is about 8-10 miles. The downside to this is it gets crowded, especially on weekends. By mid-morning a lot of the guys leave, so there may be room for a fly fisher mid-day.

Sea run cutt season is closed.

good luck.....Mike

·
SeaToTree
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Necanicum River flows through Seaside is the obvious first choice. It's relatively small. It gets a decent run of steelhead and now is the time to hit it.

A backup would be the N. Fork Nehalem at the hatchery. To get there drive east on Hwy. 26 and take a right at Hwy. 53. The hatchery is about 8-10 miles. The downside to this is it gets crowded, especially on weekends. By mid-morning a lot of the guys leave, so there may be room for a fly fisher mid-day.

Sea run cutt season is closed.

good luck.....Mike
Sounds like the Necanicum is the way to go...going to hit it this weekend. I will post a report on Tuesday on how it went. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.