Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an idea of a raft repair shop in the Seattle area?
I have an 15+ year old 8' Sevymarine raft that has served me well. This isn't one of those cheap K-Mart Sevylor models.
It has wood floor slats and is made of a very durable material. I believe new it was around $550.00.
It isn't leaking, but is starting to show some age in a couple of spots. I'd like to have these looked at by someone who repairs rafts.
Dana and Swiftwater are now gone. There was a guy that worked at Boater's World in Belleve that repaired rafts, but they are out of business as well.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
SF

View attachment 30866

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had a raft repaired at tha Ballard shop about 2 yrs ago. They did a good job. I had about 6 inches of the floor separate from the inflatable portion of my raft. I have only used the raft since the repair a few times but the repair has held even with the wooden floor pressure against it.

Dr Bob

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Preston is correct, Dana sold the company. From what I've heard and been told, Swiftwater is now geared more towards kayaks instead of rafts.

·
Physhicist
4,022 Posts
They are no longer swiftwater. They are seattle raft and kayak, or something like that. I dealt with them after Dana sold and will never step foot in any shop they own. I won't go into it but it only took me a few minutes to make that decision. Dana was great to work with!

Dana's brother Jerry owns and rents a house on S Andros. I've rented it a couple times and loved it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.