Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ignored Member
12,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a certain secret lake yesterday.

Had to take a break from steelheading after spending everday last week fishing the Skagit/Sauk. I think I wore out another running line.

Any way, caught a ton of trouts using a size 8 black leech pattern stripped slowly with an intermidiate sink tip.

·
Ignored Member
12,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really trying to play a guessing game. Teasing a bit I guess. I felt a need to share a small part of a good day.

It is a lake that will not stand up to a lot of pressure so I don't say much. There are a few here that will know of what lake I speak.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Kerry, I'm sorry, I was just teasing back at you. I was wondering why such a steelhead zen master as yourself was doing at a lake, but now I get it. Keep it a secret. I'll edit my post so no info gets out. YT:smokin

·
Slainte
6,629 Posts
zipper lips

Don't everyone go jumpin' in this guy for not givin' up the lake. He said something very important, it won't hold up to pressure.
Ya'll know as well as I, we'd get on it like flies on s**t if we could.
From all the latest posts, I think I'm gonna get my leech/bugger box filled up again.

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

I think that I might know which lake he's talking about. If it is,it is flyfishing only and I got skunked there also.In fact I was thinking along them lines today but I was going to go to lake 16 this morning but it was too crowded so I went to Lake Martha over by WB and got skunked there instead. Boy all the put and take lakes are still crowded. I wish they would thin out so I could fish them in peace and quiet.

JIm

·
Ignored Member
12,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

No need to apologize.

Steelheading is addictive but after an entire week of hardcore steelhead fishing I needed something a little less demanding. Fishing a small mountain lake for agressive trout was just what the doctor ordered.:smokin

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Thats great. Without giving any sensitive info, any action on the rivers of late? I'm not as hardcore as you, so I'm patiencely waiting as the days tick away for some summer fish. The trouts have kept me well occupied, but I keep dreaming of steelies.YT:smokin

·
Ignored Member
12,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The Skagit/Sauk was slow for us and we fished from sun up to sun down most days last week. Some fish being caught but not what it should be like this late in April. T'was a strange year this year.

I am looking forward to summer stealhead also. Just bought a nice new Sage 6126 for summer fish. All I need to do is build a line for it and I'm ready.

·
Registered
114 Posts
zipper lips

Well it's not really a secret but your right about it not taking much pressure. I don't think you could get much more than 6-8 guys on it and that would be almost to many. Anyway those who know what the heck we're talking about and are interested in going this Sunday morning, I'll see ya there.
Jim J

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.