Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It's a great area, with lots of potential, and fun to explore. Those lakes have everything, from fair to middlin' trout fishing to good trout fishing to excellent trout fishing for rainbows, browns, and Lahotan cutthroat. Some lakes have large and/or smallmouth bass, pan fish, or walleye. some lakes have a mix of species. Some get stocked all the time, some hardly ever. some get fish in them through the network of intermittent and perenial streams that connect many of the lakes. A few of the well-known trout lakes are Corral, Chukar, Hampton, and Quail. But if you wanted to committ yourself to exploring some of the smaller and unnamed lakes, I'm sure you could find some special fishing. It would be a good idea to stop in some time at Mar Don Resort at Potholes. they generally have a good grip on the fishing. Watch your step; I imagine it will be quite ticky and snakey this spring.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Info Ray!!! I guess there is no way around those damn snakes!! I am not to snake friendly!!! I am planning on floating the upper Deschutes this summer as well and I have heard nothing but snakes, snakes, snakes...Something I am gonna have to deal with to cath the lunkers I guess!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.