Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,135 Posts
Fact of the matter is that fish are like babies. They put stuff in their mouth to explore. On any given day they will take anything or nothing and all kinds of stuff in between. They are grow up testing twigs, leaves, pebbles, and every kind of bug, worm, etc. They learn that they can usually just spit it out or ___t it out if it isn't food. Fish are relatively primative predators that are very in tune with their enviornment. Buggy movement works because food behaves that way. There is no magic to it. Flies are artificial bait and no different then the real thing except in the rationalization of the fisher. Flyfishing is simply a sport/pastime that enables us to use natural and learned predatory skills in order to satisfy our yearnings. Dry fly, wet fly, streamer, nymph, imitative, suggestive, bait, gear, whatever. It is just fishing. I love flyfishing for lots of reasons and get a whole lot of satisfaction and enjoyment from the process but it isn't rocket science and most of what we do and use is learned from those who market products and services to make a dime. I'm for the fun and not the hype. I do it because it gives me pleasure. I hope you do also. If I sound grumpy it is because I get tired of those (not you, Sparse) who think they can tell me what is right and wrong about something that at its simplest is experienced by any 8 year old with a cane pole, line, bobber, hook and worm. Let's let common sense be a part of the process. Flies evolve because they attract fish and fishers. They must do both.

Randy

Randy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.