Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tuglife
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else had a good day for the dove opener.I shot 9 birds and side by side was doing just fine. happy hunting everyone.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Blind hog fisherman
2,895 Posts
I didn't even take the gun out of the case, no birds where I was trying to hunt. Glad to hear you had a decent shoot. Now here is the question (it's like asking someone where they were fishing): truthfully, now, how many shells did you fire?

·
Tuglife
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a great question. I wont lie. It was about 2 boxes,but im not that great of a shot. I figure if leads flyin birds are bound to start diein!!

·
that's His Lordship, to you.....
6,159 Posts
Not only doves, guys, but grouse too! We walked our butts off for two days, and only dropped one blue. Adams missed a shot on another one yesterday, and my younger pup's now on the "combat wounded" roster with a really nasty slice on her foreleg-stitches and a drain. On the bright side, we did find one big elk scrape, and two huge wallows!

·
Tuglife
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya the zilla area in a vinyard. iI went yesterday and had no right being out at all. I missed about 10 birds and only got 4. there all full of grain, but for some reason they like to hang out in the grapes, and the orcherdist think there a pest. so they dont mind people thining them out. well im going fishing so good luck.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Man, good deal for you. I went out and scouted yesterday and tried to hunt today south of the Yakima River this morning near Zillah, and had a total of 2 fly by in an hour and a half.
Perhaps I'll have to check for fields near grapes.

·
Blind hog fisherman
2,895 Posts
Jim, you are probably correct, but I found it anyway. Thanks.

How's the fishing in your part of Montana been? I'm heading that way for a little grouse and trout. I doubt the pheasant numbers are going to be any good but I've got a sweet little spring creek with good browns in it I hope to fish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.