Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek
376 Posts
My best guess would be that the foil held enough of a static charge built up in it to stimulate involuntary muscle contractions. Much like the Giovanni Aldini experiments conducted in the early 1800's.
The charge in the atmosphere could also contribute to this phenomena.
The last time I saw something like this was back in High school, where we would set detached frog legs next a Faraday cage with extremely animated physiological results. God I'm such a nerd.

-Lex

·
Physhicist
4,022 Posts
Caught some Cabezon a few years ago and threw 'em in the ice box. Got home 4 or 5 hours later and went to fillet one of them. Pulled the knife out and the sucker snapped down on it with his chompers. Scared the crap out of my buddy. They were all still alive. Lesson learned, slit the gills just after catching them.

·
dirty dog
5,326 Posts
Cat fish will do that.
I catch some small brown bull heads one afternoon and the girl friend and I cooked em up for dinner that eve.
Skinned cat fish rolled in corn meal swimming in the skillet. It was way cool.
MMMMMM fresh fish

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Notice all the lemons on the counter?

Foil + Acid = Electric Charge

That would be enough to "stimulate" the exposed nervous system. Hmmm, this would be a great way to scare the heck out of some kids on Halloween.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.