Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let all of you know that Chris was kind enough to let me have a forum for PHWFF. It's more of an area for Q and A. I'm also hoping to get Chuck Tye (the NW Regional contact) on here posting as well. But I also plan to post up coming events. We can always use volunteers. Mostly in the boat department, but also people with river knowledge who can help out with some of our soldiers. So feel free to check it out periodically. Please, keep area to PHWFF info only. :)

·
card shark
2,316 Posts
Well done Jerry.

·
Banned
946 Posts
Very cool Jerry, it would be great to see Chuck on here posting a little here and there on what is going one with P. H. W.

Thanks for the great idea and I look forward to reading it often.

Bill.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
Great Idea Jerry! Not having been in the service myself it would mean a lot to me to be able to help these guys who have given so much to those of us who were not in to do our share. I have some time that I will still be useing as much as I can of my gear both for fishing and fly tying, but there will come a time not to far off when I will start dividing my things some to my grand kids and kids but I think much will go to the Healing Waters program. Who knows ? I hope not but I have two grandsons in the army and there may be others by then that may need the use of what I donate. My two sons that were in the army are out now so they are my part ime fishing buddies. Keep up the good work, those that serve their country deserve as much help as we can give them. Bob

·
FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs
793 Posts
Our Club, the Kitsap Fly Anglers, just had the pleasure of having Chuck Tye give us a presentation on Project Healing Waters at our monthly General Meeting. Thanks Chuck! And thank you, Jerry and Chris for this forum.

·
Free Man
1,872 Posts
Here's an idea, and I'll talk with Chuck at the club meeting on Tuesday; Anil and I were kicking it around last week, when I discovered that Puget Sound Fly Co is involved with a donation drive.

We can have an outing for the vets at Munn Lake. It will open no later than March to catch and release selective fishing. No gas motors are allowed, so we'll need volunteers with drift boats and the like. I have one, and since I'm the volunteer coordinator at the lake, I'm willing to be the point of contact. It's close to the Transition Unit at Ft Lewis, I just got clearance to host the event there this morning, and all we have to do is organize.

Any takers?

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Don, I've got a two man pontoon. I'll row, room for one vet angler up front. All I need is date confirmation to work into my schedule. I'll be headed to the Hoh the thrid week/weekend and spring break is the following week/weekend. Not sure if it fell during this timeframe that I could participate.

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don, thanks for this. BUT, this thread was only to let people know of the forums down below. This thread will be deleted shortly. Chuck and I are close, so I'm in once he gets the word. Chuck is signed up on the board too, just need to get him logged in and posting. Hopefully that'll be pretty soon. But we can post up Munn Lake and a time frame when/where, etc in the PHWFF forum. We want people to head down there and frequent it. Love the main forum, but want to get people who want to be involved to head down there for any updates, events, etc. :)

Thanks, I'm in (unless it conflicts with my kids schedules).

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Annie. I'll ask Chuck if we need them. I know we can always use rods and reels and peoples time.

Oh, and am going to close this thread. So please head to the PHWFF area to post questions, comments, etc. Thanks for all the support. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.