Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F-ing ridiculous.

Maybe I am just stupid enough not to know the difference between someone's sacred water that they share with me and ask me to keep to myself and a place that anyone can wander to, float by or use.

If you want better control over the places that get fished. Invite me along and ask me not to talk about it, buy up all the access or STFU.

·
Joe Streamer
4,156 Posts
Maybe I am just stupid enough not to know the difference between someone's sacred water that they share with me and ask me to keep to myself and a place that anyone can wander to, float by or use.

If you want better control over the places that get fished. Invite me along and ask me not to talk about it, buy up all the access or STFU.
I need a translation please. I read this four times and can't decipher the meaning. Or did Old Man Jim hijack your login credentials?

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
F-ing ridiculous.

You want a good spot. The Beckler river at the right time of the year about a mile up from the mouth. Walk thru the private property down to the river. Fish the hole with the big rock in the Middle of the river. Had three Steelhead on at that spot and got two Jacks of about 18" to hand. But my last time there was about 6 years ago. Things could be different by now.

You want another one. I couldn't get in there if I wanted to now if I was still in Washington. Maybe at another time.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Posting a cool picture from the side of an easily access and well known place is not hotspotting. If I was there, and I've been there a few times, how the hell can it be that hard to find? It certainly is no secret. Some folks don't like to share because they are convinced that tons of other fools like me will drive four hours to get to a place where you might catch a large trout, you probably will catch some small trout and you could get skunked. It is about going there and taking your chances, enjoying the company, the view and the experience. Like I said, F-ing ridiculous and if you think that photo outed a hot spot go cry to someone that gives two shits.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Hey, can I get GPS coordinates for that spot?
What the hell??? That was a private conversation, man. That spot was NOT for public distribution. Guys like you are ruining the sport.

(I kid, I kid.)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
No way, a map exists for that river? Doesn't that tell everyone where to go, and how to get there? Oh, and I can buy those maps, even ones with more detail?

Crack a cold one and laugh about this thread, the whole thing. It's too serious.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.