Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week as I was leaving Alaska I stopped at a beer joint to get something to eat while I was waiting for my friend and outfitter to get his haircut upstairs. I went into this bar where he would later meet me.

I ordered a beer, Alaskan Amber of course, and asked the waitress what was good. she said the halibut sandwich was excellent but took a long time and I should order early.

I ordered the halibut sandwich and 30 minutes later it still had not arrived at my table. a nice young lady who was sitting at the bar came over and asked me if I had waited a long time for my order. I said yes. she said She worked there but today was her day off. She said give me your number and I'll go check on your order for you.

I told her my order number and she left for a while and returned to tell me that they were backed up in the kitchen and it would be about 10 minutes.

Another 15 minutes went by and I still didn't have my order so I went to the restaurant side of the bar to ask about it. the lady there looked really funny and then turn to the Cook who started yelling "that bitch Rene did it again."

The woman at the bar had taken my order and left with it! Clever.

I still didn't have my food. the cook said she would put it right on apologized up-and-down and that the woman had stolen my food

When I finally got the halibut sandwich it really wasn't all that good anyway.

·
The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
2,100 Posts
Last week as I was leaving Alaska I stopped at a beer joint to get something to eat
Wow, I haven't heard the term "beer joint" since my old man passed away!

Nowadays all we have are "pubs", "micro-breweries", "sports bars" or for the great unwashed, "taverns"! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Easy to confuse.....I'll be heading to Ketchikan in the 6th of June for ten days. I'll post something I'm sure.
Bring plenty of Deet. The biting insects are pretty bad this year.

I have a head net that fits over my cowboy hat, but I didn't bring it this year. The bugs got my temples through the mesh.

I posted a picture on a thread in the Cast and Blast.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Bring plenty of Deet. The biting insects are pretty bad this year.

I have a head net that fits over my cowboy hat, but I didn't bring it this year. The bugs got my temples through the mesh.

I posted a picture on a thread in the Cast and Blast.
Noted. They do get bad there at times.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.