Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the Pier in DP last evening after school to see what I could see. Spent about twenty minutes talking with the gear guys about what they had seen; no one catching but I did see several Cutts in the 14 - 15" range in the clear water under the pier. I also saw two bigger fish milling about. Had left my polorized glasses at home but someone said they were cutts. If so, they were the biggest I've ever seen. They looked to be in the 24' range with backs about 2 - 3" across. Looked pretty good from a distance. I'll be down there this afternoon.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, easier said than done and I'm familiar with things looking bigger under water. But, when you do see something like that, compared to what is straight down under your feet, it's easier to compare. My guess is that they were migrating salmon and it appears that they moved on. I fished last evening for a couple of hours and saw only one fish jump. The fish are very spread out and it appears that all the hype about big runs coming later this fall may have just been wishful thinking. I hope not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.