Hey Jim -
I grew up there as well. There probably won't be a lot going on with steelhead, but trout / smallmouth should be good. Some suggestions:
1. Special reg section of the Wiscoy.
2. Cattaruagus (SP?) below rt 16.
3. Grand Island - the south & west side facing Canada - wade fishing for smallmouth and pike.
4. Breakwall extending out from the foot of Porter street for friggin' everything - bows, smallmouth, pike, etc.
5. Canadian side of the Niagara just north of Fort Erie. Drive North on the parkway, go underneath the railroad bridge and fish your way back up with big nymphs, streamers, caddis in the evening.
6. Lower Niagara Gorge on the Canadian side. Access through Niagara Glenn Nature Area.
PM me for details.