Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shuttles, River Shuttles, Turn Around Services: These are services which you can contract to pick up your rig at the launch and they will park it at your arranged take out. I have searched the main forum for "Shuttle" and found 50 threads. To simplify the search for shuttles I've reviewed those 50 threads. I have taken those shuttles listed by members and consolidated them here in this one thread. It is clearly not a comprehensive list. Please feel free to update this list by removing shuttles that are no longer in service and adding shuttle services you have used.

Float safely, wear your PFD, have a good time and return home safely to repeat the adventure countless times long into the future.

River Name - Name/Contact Information - (WWF Member who posted the info)

Bogachiel - Ted Miller Roadrunner Shuttle Service - (360)374-5195 (Stonefish)
Cowlitz - Trudy - 360-864-2277 (Jerry Metcalf)
Grande Ronde - Boggan's (Don Barton)
Hoh - Ted Miller Roadrunner Shuttle Service - (360)374-5195 (Stonefish)
Hoh - Don & Joann River Shuttle service 360-374-3161 / cell # 360-640-9527
Kalama - Pritchards on the Kalama. 360-673-4690 (Mark Moore)
Klickitat - Call Rolf at Klickitat Trader (509-369-3601) (Freestone)
Methow - Carlton Store (Rick Todd)
Methow - River Bend Campground (Contact information?) (Jumbo215)
Naches - Contact The Evening Hatch, ask for shuttle contact info (Jason Decker)
Queets - Turn Around Fred at 360-962-2130 (Salmo_g)
Queets - Wayne at 360-962-2048. (Salmo_g)
Wynoochie - http://fishwaterswest.com/shuttleservice.html (Mumbles)
Satsop - http://fishwaterswest.com/shuttleservice.html (Mumbles)
Skagit - The North Cascades Inn (360) 853-8870 (Leland Miyawaki)
Skagit - The gas station on Hwy 20 at Rockport (Rick Todd)
Skagit, Upper - Bob, Skagit River Resort 360-873-2250 (papafsh)
Sol Duc - Ted Miller Roadrunner Shuttle Service - (360)374-5195 (Stonefish)
Yakima,upper - Yakima River Fly Shop http://www.tightlinesangling.com/shuttles.htm (509)674-2144 (EmergingRivers)
Yakima - Reds www.redsflyfishing.com (Bill Dodd)
Yakima - www.redsflyshop.com/shuttles.html (Coreysean99)
Yakima - www.theeveninghatch.com/shop.htm (Coreysean99)
Yakima - If your in a pinch call Derek - 425 373 6417 (EmergingRivers)

·
North Bend, WA
4,400 Posts
Jerry, actually Mumbles intention here is to start building a complete list and promote it to an article. Better than making it a sticky as it'll be easier to reference. Thanks for doing this Mumbles.

Chris

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Thanks Ed. I've hired a local (Ellensburg) student to run my Yakima shuttles, she's super dependable, and, quite honestly, leaves the truck smelling better than any fly shop employee (no offense guys).

If you're in a pinch for a shuttle, add my phone number to your contacts. 425 373 6417

Derek

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ed. Very nice. How about a list of your Fav. spots.:rofl:
Jeff Bandy's drift boat, he's rowing his ass off to hold me right in the seam as I hook fish after wonderful fish. That is my favorite spot, now the entire internet knows.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jerry, actually Mumbles intention here is to start building a complete list and promote it to an article. Better than making it a sticky as it'll be easier to reference. Thanks for doing this Mumbles.

Chris
Glad to do it Chris. Until I can get some time to sit down and convert it to an article I'll keep updating my first post as others give me more shuttle options. Keep them coming all.

Ed

·
1,411 Posts
Nice job Ed.

Matt Burke used to help out some on the Skykomish (or he knew someone who used to do this).

Can anyone out there confirm this?

Correction: Matt Has limited his duties on this.

Suggests Dan (?) at (206)714-9905 for shuttle service on the Sky.

Richard

·
180 Posts
Ed,
Thank you. For all of the crap submitted to this site you (again) have provided something useful and helpful. As with a handful of other authors you have "raised the bar." May your unselfish efforts be repaid with many fun days on the water.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Richard, is that solid info or do I need to crank call that number to see if I can reach Burke and book a turn around for tomorrow morning? Maybe we can get Burke to confirm it.
Thanks for adding the shuttle services that you all know. Let's expand the range. I'll keep updating it as new information appears. Once it is listed in articles (I'm about to try again) we can all updated it as needed.
What rivers do you float that are not yet covered?

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Very Cool Mumbles...unlike my threads, this is actually worth something;)

Thanks for taking the time to put this together. With gas prices as they've been in recent years, a shuttle can definitely be a $$ saver.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Freestone, you post much goodness. For all my junk I owed the group a bit of goodness for a change.
Steve, saw your note while I was on vacation. I'll make the Cowlitz shuttle update soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.