Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should of stayed home when this cold or whatever swept over me on Thursday. But I just knew there would be fish in the rivers so I went fishing, thinking that if I'm going to get sick, I'd rather get sick on the west end than at home. Stuped boy, this was definitely not a good plan.
Anyway, the rivers where in excellent shape and I don't think I have ever seen them so beautiful.
Got one dollie on the first cast. It was fun to feel the pulse of the rod. But that's it. Didn't see any didn't hear of any. Sorry about this lousy report :beathead

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Bob,when you get our age it is wise to go to the doctor and get all the shots that you can get. That way you don't get everything that is going around. I don't think that I have been sick all winter. And they are not shots of booze either. But those wouldn't hurt either.:thumb

Where I was earilier today the weather was almost like summer. Then I got into the area where the fog was and I knew that we still have some winter left.

Jim

·
Josh Pearson
190 Posts
I feel your pain. I was on the Hoh Saturday. I finally had one hook up about 1pm. The steelhead hit while I was stripping line and came out of the water at me. Needless to say it was the best 15 seconds of that fish's life. Before I could grasp what in the heck was happening to me, he was gone.
Saw some beautiful water, I found a nice hole way up on a sand bar that I should not have waded to, but what the heck, you only live once.
I have to say, it is not often that you can fish in the first week in feb in a tee shirt.

cheers

josh

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Much of the Hoh is just too fast for me. I like water that is moving at a fast walk, not running like a track star. I suppose the gradient is just too steep coming off the Olympics.
Old man--it just too hard to be an old man. I keep getting these ideas that everything will be OK. But it seldom is. When you're old, you're old old. When you're not, you're not. Is that profound or what?
Sorry about the fish, Josh. At least you got to see one so I know at least one was in there.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

I ain't no spring chicken if you know what I mean. But I try my damndest to keep up with the kiddies. It isn't easy to do at my age. My knees are shot,my back can't take all the rocks. And every one walks twice as fast as I do. My luck sucks but I get out when I feel I can. I just wish the fish would cooperate.:dunno :bawling

Jim:thumb

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Old man and Bob Lawless: You two gents are good people. I heard something once from a wise old man. He said, "when I person gets some age on his life, he realizes a few things. He becomes old and bitter, or old and wise." You two are definately "old and wise". thanks for keeping it real. :smokin YT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.