Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it me or is anybody else having problems catching fish lately? seems the last week which is supposed to be a killer time of year here I could not buy a fish on a fly and dusted off the downriggers and pulled gear to very minimul success and the same story at the boat launch with very few people even going out it seems. and I've been fishin alot lately. according to my log book from last year there were nights around manchester and eastside of bainbridge island this very week we just had with schools on the depth sounder and jumpers and multi, basically very good fishing. I have a bad feeling about this year. it was like in 99, there are late and we need rain everybody said but it was a terrible year. fishless in P.O. Ben

·
Flaccid Member
3,875 Posts
just remember, throw 'em back

my log book showed great fishing the last few years also at this time. but i think that every run of fish is different, fish were caught earlier at neah bay and such so they are there, but because we've had no rain, we havent seen the big push of fish into the sound. it seems like they are just trickling in instead of all rushing in at the same time. the rivers are real real low, maybe that has something to do with it or maybe the silvers are taking their sweet ass time getting nice and fat and ready for the barby before the sweet smell of their natal rivers summons them to the spawning grounds. call me optimistic. call me an idiot. im not stressing......yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.