Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member, but wanted to share some photos from a trip last week fishing for silvers on a couple of small rivers in southeast Alaska. First, while it was raining here, we had clear blue skies and temps in the low 70's - unbelievable for SE Alaska in mid-Sept. The rivers were low and crystal clear but there were a lot of silvers in the pools. We had competition from a lot of big four legged fishers, but they were mostly interested in the last of the chum run. Threw a lot of flies at them but the ticket seemed to be egg sucking leeches in purple and black and a pink egg pattern. The silvers were 5 to 12 lbs. The largest dolly was about 3 lbs. I fished a 5wt TFO and a 8wt Sage. Managed to land several silvers up to about 10lbs on the 5wt. Gotta say that was a gas!

G

·
I use to go up there every year about this time and do some fish'n. I had this fly that I tied that was, well,...ugly at best but affective. We fished the Russian, Kenai, and some little river by the Portage glacier - I can't remember the name. Silvers are fun right out of the big pond! Sounds/looks like you had fun. Makes me want to go back again soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.