Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For its Spring 2017 line launch (landing in stores in November, 2016), Simms is debuting new product in critical categories. Handcrafted in the country's only wading manufacturing facility, the company is unveiling the new Headwaters® Pro Wader ($399.95). The new Headwaters® Pro features an all-new 4-layer GORE-TEX® Pro fabric in the lower body for additional ruggedness, updated pocketing with more storage and molle webbing for tool attachment. The wader also features all new patterning based on Simms' award-winning G3 Guide™ Stockingfoot for a more comfortable fit and increased durability.

See the rest of the new lineup here:

https://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/new-arrivals.html

What is on your wish list?

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
I've had the Headwater's Convertible for 8 years now and they are performing flawlessly. My only gripe about the new version is that they do not have the permanently attached, nice wide Velcro cinch straps... that design is the cats meow. Wade Simms or wade wet.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I see they went up in price a bit, but that's an excellent alternative to G3's, in my experience. Looks like the extra dough buys you another layer of GoreTex in the right spots, which is probably a good deal. I had a pair with 3 layers last 4 seasons, which is great by my standards.

·
Director of Stoke
1,687 Posts
I thought you had a fashion sense for color - like complementing your skin tone, bringing out your eye color, or making the spots on a monster brown sing. Yet this stuff is all dreary gray. What gives?

·
Banned
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.