Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just signed up for this at Avid Angler and I'm totally pumped! Any one else signed up? classes are march 6th and 7th. Cant wait to try out my new Winston!
mark

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
I'm surprised he's coming over this year. With the cancellation of the fly show, I didn't think he'd be around here. Guess he's still got commitments in the area.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Has to be a great experience. I have had a little free help from him at the Sandy Clave and noticed the improvement of the casting of those trying out rods and lines as Simon went down the bank and gave a hint or two here and there. He is a real gentlemen and a great instructor. I wish I had done that earlier in my spey casting pursuit.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have taken this class and I learned a lot. Simon's instruction is equal only to his charm and sense of humor. Both are way up the charts. You will have a good time and you will come away a better spey caster.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I attended a 3 day class in 1999 with Simon and Jim Vincent of Rio,,,,, best investment I ever made for casting the two handed rods.

I took a small notebook and wrote down important concepts as they demonstrated on the river, we had 6 students for each instructor then rotated 1/2 day each.

Have a great time.

Regards,
FK

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
That must have been a treat. Both are outstanding but I think Simon Gawesworth might be the best instructor out there for pure knowledge, experience, humor, you name it. I bought his video, book, and streamside guide so I could always refresh my memory on what I'm doing correctly or in most cases, incorrectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.