Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Cabela's Stowaway as a backup to a Sage SP 5 piece travel rod I own, and this rod has never been used or had a reel even hung on it (I wish my old Sage were a 6 piece, so I could break it down into two pieces for easy move from spot to spot. C'est le vie). A friend of mine who is a certified Master Casting Instructor has this model of a rod and recommended it; solid recommendation, I just don't need it and need to thin the herd.

These are great rods at retail, offering performance that would please a beginner up to an advanced caster, and at my price of $100 this is a steal. $100 is a 'local' deal, so excludes shipping and any electronic payment fees; if the rod needs to be shipped, we'll need to chat about it.

From the web,

Cabela's Stowaway Fly Rod
$159.99

Our ultra-packable Cabela's® Stowaway Fly Rod breaks down small enough to fit into carry-on luggage – just the excuse you need to indulge in some quality fly-casting, fish-catching time wherever you travel. Don't let the extra pieces fool you – these 30-ton graphite rods generate the smooth-loading performance you'd expect from two-piece rods. Meeting Cabela's GII Graphite Technology standards, the blanks feature a responsive moderate/fast action to suit a wide range of abilities and techniques. The tip flexes easily for accurate short casts, while the powerful butt section has the backbone needed for longer casts in windy conditions. With an even number of sections, the rods can be broken down into two pieces for easier accessibility between trips to fishing holes, or broken all the way down for packable convenience. Components include an aluminum reel seat, chrome-coated stainless steel snake guides, stainless steel stripping guides with SiC rings, and AA-grade cork handle. Rod comes with rod sock and rod tube.
  • Our highest-quality, packable fly rod fits inside a suitcase
  • Moderate/fast action suits a wide range of abilities and techniques
  • Sensitive tip flexes easily for accurate short casts
  • Powerful butt section has the backbone needed for longer casts
  • GII Graphite Technology
Wood Tints and shades Beige Font Musical instrument accessory

Plant Writing instrument accessory Office supplies Chemical compound Sugar substitute

1 - 4 of 4 Posts