Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this must have come up about a hundred times but i cannot find my answer. Anybody willing to tell me when these two rivers are accessible from the bank? I was thinking of targeting some dollies this weekend with the feather stick. Thanks for the help guys and gals.

Steelieblue

·
Ignored Member
12,139 Posts
I checked river levels this morning and they are still falling. Last night I talked with a few folks that fished yesterday. They said water was in good shape. Whether that will hold until the weekend is another thing. Watch the weather and the river levels. If it doesn't rain much more and the snow level does not raise much the Skagit/Sauk could be fishable this weekend. You can check river levels here http://wa.water.usgs.gov/realtime/htmls/skagit.html
If you see the levels start back up, chances are the river will be out of shape.

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

Access is where you find it. The Sauk. The bridges are a good place to start. I'll give you a few places to start but it would serve you better to look when you get there. The first bridge out of Darrington.Not the one by the lumber yard the one farther down the river,below where the Suiattle runs in. There is access on three sides of it. At the next bridge down,go across the river and there is a camp ground down river from it and a road to the left just across the bridge. That is a few places on the Sauk. On the Skagit Just follow the road up stream of Rockport and watch as where you see other cars parked. As they are sure as fishing or they could be watching Eagles.

Jim

·
Ignored Member
12,139 Posts
SB,
Looking at the river levels this morning and with the weather forecast for the next few days I would say fishing the Sauk/Skagit this weekend is looking kinda ify. Watch the levels close. Pay attention to the Sauk. If it starts to go up like it is this morning and continues to rise, fishing below it will be tough. The Skagit above the Sauk can still be fishable but I have my doubts for this weekend.

KLS

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
StellaBlue's family incresed by one today, so he won't make it this weekend-- or maybe he will ;-) I was planning to fish Fri/Sat, but with ye ol rain today/tonight... tough call. I'll be watching the flows tomorrow early. Shoot me an email.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.