Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rockyday
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I though I would post, not so much in hopes of getting my rod back, but to warn others who might suffer the same fate.

I was fishing a bar just before dark and had two rods with me. I left one rod and my chest pack on the bar, taking just a fly box and a spool of leader material with me. I finished swinging the length of the bar when I returned to pick up my stuff. As I was walking up, I see my chest pack floating down the river. I grabbed it (it had my keys in it) and started to look for my rod. I looked around and walked up and down the bar until I couldn't see any more and didn't find my rod. While I was fishing, 30-40 mins the river came up about 10'' and floated my stuff off the bar. I was lucky that I found my chest pack, but I'm short a rod.

The rod is a custom built 10' switch with a silver redington reel. I was on the river around Birdsview, just in case anyone happens upon it.

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
Sorry about your loss. Maybe you'll recover it. That's the school of hard knocks. Regulated rivers like the Skagit rise and fall independent of rainfall. Glad you still have the chest pack.

Sg

G

·
would bet if you busted up there first thing in the am your rod would be where you left it...or at least close by..

·
Ignored Member
12,111 Posts
Damn dams.

You might get lucky. A couple years ago I think it was Ed Ward who hooked someone's rod off the bottom of the Skagit and actually found the owner by posting it up on the boards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.