Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
flyfishing addict
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out yesterday, hiked upstream of where the Wallace dumps in, I had gotten a few pulls up that way in weeks past, so we started there. The river was low and clear, changed up my approach to a longer leader, and colorful flies. Cast after cast without a touch, finally a saw something hit the surface down at the end of the drift. As I approached that area, the pool goes from really deep, to slightly less deep and has a hint more current. The fly was swinging nicely and I was mending the line for the best possible swing and depth, as the fly was approaching my side of the river, the line went tight! after a short fight I slid a nice 17" dolly(bull trout) up onto the cobbles, they are still in there and they've saved my fishing day many times in the last few weeks. Yep no pic, because my wife took her camera back and I discovered that my phone doesn't take pictures, the previous one was exposed to saltwater after a high tide took me by surprise and I had a swim. I guess this is one to pass the next few months of not fishing.
Tight Lines,
JB

·
fly fishing addict
31 Posts
Thanks for the update. I"m gonna head out next weekend. Good to know they are still biting! Does anyone know what the float is like from Goldbar to Sultan or Lewis Street Bridge? T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.