Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me about the float from High Bridge to Sultan? Am thinking about floating this section this weekend. Also is there a good put in for a pontoon boat up by high bridge?
thanks,

Speyguy

·
Registered
36 Posts
High bridge is a good area to put in for the lower float to Gold Bar or Sultan. Gravel boat ramp area and large parking area. Though the parking area may get crowded with rafter on the weekends. High Bridge is the take out for the whitewater section upstream, class 3 to 5 rapids, downstream (below high bridge) the water flattens out.

Gene (Yots)

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,341 Posts
The only interesting thing about that float is right out of High Bridge, where a nice little rapid takes you into a cliff while the river makes a right turn.

At some water levels its easy, at others its hard. Generally lower makes for tighter quarters.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I think that if you have never floated that section before I would do a search on things that could go wrong. There is supposed to be a couple of bad spots just below where you launch at that could do some damage to you if you are not careful. Just a word of caution.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.